Friday, May 22, 2009

Transformation Challenge - Week Twelve

Woooohooo! This is where I wish I could insert a sound bite into my blog so you could hear me yelling that. I feel amazing and accomplished right now. 12 weeks ago I finished my first day of bootcamp and thought “oh my gosh, I’m not going to make it”. I kept going for a couple reasons (in no particular order): I did it for you blog-reader, so that you could see a documented journey, I did it for my teammates, so they could stay motivated, but most of all I DID IT FOR ME! I am not going to lie to you and tell you that I felt great every day, if you have been reading this blog, you know that isn’t true. I am not going to tell you that there were not a handful of times that I wanted to cry about working out or eating well. I am not going to tell you that I didn’t have my weak moments where I indulged in something I should have. This is ALL part of the journey. I am only human, and in realizing that I know that I can’t be perfect all the time. Those stressful moments where all you want to do is shove 17 candy bars in your mouth are still going to happen….but don’t do it!

This long bumpy road to success has made me realize that you are always going to have obstacles. There are always going to be things standing in the way from your goals. You are better than to let things stand in your way. I am better than that.

So the question on everyone’s minds is “What now?” Just because we have finished these 12 weeks does not mean we’re done. It just means that we are strong enough to stand on our own two feet. You get exactly as much back as you put into something. You can’t expect to work out one day a week and lose 20 pounds in a month. Or eat fast food every day, and feel good about your body. This is just common sense. It’s easier to give in and do the bad things, so be stronger and do what’s good for you. Do this for yourself, but also think about all those people in your life that will be able to enjoy more time with you because you made an effort to be healthy. One day in a bootcamp workout I yelled “I feel like I’m going to die!” (because I did), and Lauren told me “you are actually adding years onto your life”. So now every time I “feel like I’m going to die” I think about that. I think about how I want to share my knowledge with my family, and make sure that my kids (that I don’t have yet) will know how important it is to take care of yourself. You only get one body, take care of it!

I feel like sometimes I am starting to sound like a broken record, but I know that if I can do this…you CAN do this! It takes 21 days to form a habit. Make it over that three week hump and you will figure out how strong you are. Stop thinking of excuses why you can’t do it. Really there is no good excuse! Buddy up. Find the strength in numbers. Find your support system. It’s not going to be easy, but you CAN do it. Okay, I have run out of motivational one-liners for now. But I think you see the point.

June 6th we will be finished with everything (including “after” pictures). That is when I will write my final blog to share with you how many pounds and inches I have lost and even post my “before” and “after” pictures. I am excited to share that with you!

To ALL of the Transformation Challenge ladies…

I could not have done this without you girls. You have been so supportive and inspiring to me. You are amazing! Look at all that you have accomplished. You should be proud. I know I am proud of you! I hope to see you all at the gym. J

No comments: